Friday, January 1, 2010

Marshmallow Fondant Cake

After watching all those fun cake show for a while I started to get that "I can do that!" bug in me. So I signed up for some classes and even before that I tried some experimenting on my own. These are my first time making and decorating with MMF (Marshmallow Fondant). It was fun and making the fondant really helped me get out some frustration. It was sticky, messy and yummy all at the same time. In the end not the best cake but I didn't have a lot of time to play with. My first experience has taught me a lot and I cannot wait to try again. But first we have to finish eating the first cake. LOL! My hubby and I might have to go on a lot of walks while I am going through this new hobby!
To make MMF:
Ingredients:
One bag of Mini-Marshmallows
2 Tablespoon of water
One Microwaveable Mixing Bowl
A Microwave
A 2 pound bag of Powered Sugar
A Can of Shortening

Directions:
1. Put a good sized pile of Powered Sugar on the counter
2. Place the bag of marshmallow in the bowl and add the water.
3. Microwave for 30 Second and then stir
4. Repeat for 2 minutes or until Marshmallows are completely melted
5. Poor melted Marshmallows over Powered Sugar
6. Knead Marshmallow and Sugar together
7. Keep adding sugar until it becomes dough like

Storage:
Spread shortening all over the finished ball of dough like fondant and then wrap completely around with clear wrap. Place in a Ziploc bag and then store at room temperature.

No comments:

bright