Friday, January 22, 2010

Felt Apple


I used: Red felt (free) Green and brown felt (90¢ per sheet) Thread (red, brown and green (from my stash) and stuffer (from a dead teady bear!) oh, white felt, too! (free)
Cost: I didn't take the time to calculate, but it must be something above 3$ for the 5 apples.

For the whole ones, I've run stitched all the part one after the other, closely enough, without gathering and I reverse it all, stuff, and ladder stitched the rest.
For the cut one, I've Overcast stitch the white fabric with red thread. Hand embroiled the seed with brown threat.

The trick to make your red ball look like an apple is to pass your needle were the 4 cuts join right through the apple and again to the 4 cut join at the bottom. You pull a little and make lots of knots, then you sew in the tail.

No comments:

bright