Friday, December 25, 2009

Felt Quiet Book

This is the quiet book that I made for my nephew for Christmas. It took a long time and I made my own patterns but it turned out really cute if you ask me! My son really wanted it and wasn't to happy when I had to wrap it up and give it away! LOL I guess I will have to make him one too! Even though he already had two of his own!

The cover my mom helped with. The 1st page is Noah's Ark with a pocket inside the ark as well as the water to hold plastic animals. The 2nd page is Pets where you place the pets where they live (green part is a pocket) and Apple tree where you can pick apple from the tree and then put them in the pocket basket. 3rd page was Airplane which was a pocket with sky diver inside and Fireman with dress up gear/clothes as well as a fire truck with a latter and wheels that move. 4th page (MY FAVORITE) was Boys locker room with a dress up figure. The locker has a football outfit and basketball outfit. Along with a basketball court with balls that go throw the hoops and a changeable score board. 5th page is a Treasure Chest pocket that holds a treat to help keep the kids quiet and happy.

That's my Felt quiet book and I think it is so much fun. I have a few more ideas that I will hopefully find time to use and make more books. I also would like to start putting my patterns together so my books can be remade or reproduced. All in due time though!

No comments:

bright