Wednesday, May 9, 2012

R2-D2 Cake

This last minute cake ended up being a lot of fun and I couldn't stop humming the Star Wars theme song as I was working on it! As I was taking a vacation visiting family I was asked to make a cake for the little boys cousins combined birthday party. Since it was Star Wars themed I let my creative juices flow for a while and then came up with this idea. My first though was to create a full R2 but since I was on vacation and I didn't have my cake stuff I decided to scale it down a bit! This is the fastest specialty cake I have ever made thanks to the help of my hubby and momma who helped me color fondant, watch the kids and cut some shapes for me. Since this was for kids I let my son pick the cake and of course he picked funfetti cake and we added chocolate chips to the filling. Everyone loved this cake and didn't realize it was a cake until is was pointed out to them. LOL. I really enjoyed make this cake and the kids really loved how it looked and tasted!

No comments:

bright