Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Candy cane popcorn gifts

For my hubby's work I needed something easy to make and fairly inexpensive. Since he request 20+ this year, i knew that it was going to be simple but I still wanted it to fun. I found cute little popcorn holders in the dollar section at target and then found a yummy popcorn treat recipe online. Candy cane popcorn is fast and easy to make plus my 3 year could help me make it. Which is always a plus!
To make Candy cane Popcorn:
You will need;
2 bags popped popcorn
1 bag white chocolate chips
6 crushed candy canes
First place the candy canes into at least two bags. Then crush the candy canes. We used a pot because my kids had a good time banging it. Second pop the popcorn and then pore into a big bowl. Then Melt the chocolates according to the bag and pore over the popcorn. Mix the chocolate and popcorn slightly and then add the crushed up candy cane. Mix some more and then pore onto wax paper and spread out to cool/harden.

I placed the popcorn treat in dessert bags and then into the popcorn holders and then finally attached a tag that said, "Merry Christmas and a POPPING New Year!"
It was a hit and everyone loved the yummy popcorn. In fact I had a ton of people beg for the recipe.

No comments:

bright