Thursday, October 15, 2009

Personlized Game

This was a great idea that I saw on the Internet. I just love this idea so I made it for a family that has become great friends with us. I found all of my supplies at the local craft store and went straight to work while my loving hubby watch the little one.
This is a picture of the box. I went online and googled Yahtzee until I found a cover that I liked and thought I would be able to work with. Then I copied the picture into a painting program and covered over the first part of the word Yahtzee. I then used Picasa to add the family's name and a message.

These pictures are of the inside where the rules are stuck to the top of the lid and a fun little caution note for anyone who wants to play against the Paces (the family). The dice are wooden blocks that I painted and put pictures of each family member on them. I just re sized photos and printed them on the printer at home. I used my xyron to stick the pictures on to the dice and then put a layer (or two) of Mod Podge on it to sill it all on. I also cover the box with the Mod Podge so that the cover wouldn't come off.

No comments:

bright